- 2 large eggs
- 75g dried Italian-style breadcrumbs
- 75g freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 (1 to 2cms thick) centre-cut pork loin chops
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 90ml olive oil
- Lemon wedges, for serving
- Cono Sur Merlot
Whisk the eggs in a pie dish to blend. Place the bread crumbs in another pie dish. Place the cheese in a third pie dish.
Sprinkle the pork chops generously with salt and pepper. Coat the chops completely with the cheese, patting to adhere. Dip the chops into the eggs, then coat completely with the bread crumbs, patting to adhere.
Heat 45ml of oil in a very large frying pan over medium heat. Add pork chops, in batches if necessary, and cook until golden brown and the centre reaches 66°C, about six minutes per side.
Transfer the chops to plates and serve with lemon wedges.