- 450g (1lb) lean steak mince
- 1 large white onion chopped finely
- 125g mushrooms- chopped
- 2 tins chopped tomatoes
- 2 garlic cloves finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato purée
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- Pinch cinnamon
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon Extra Virgin olive oil
- Parmesan or cheddar (grated) to serve
- Cono Sur Merlot
Heat large frying pan (hot).
Brown the mince- stirring regularly – no lumps! Drain off any fat.
Stir well and fry on medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add tinned tomatoes.
Add soy sauce.
Add olive oil.
Season and stir well.
Cover with lid and simmer for 40 minutes on medium heat, stirring occasionally.
Serve with spaghetti (400g, cook as per pack).
Add cheese on top.