- 12 ounces eggless fettuccine
- 2 cups unsweetened soy or almond milk
- 4 ounces soy cream cheese
- 3 tablespoons blanched sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast, plus more for sprinkling
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup loosely packed parsley leaves, chopped
- Cono Sur Sauvignon Blanc
Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the fettuccine according to package directions. Strain, reserving 1 cup of the pasta cooking water.
Add the soy milk, soy cream cheese, almonds, nutritional yeast, lemon zest, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to a blender and process until smooth.
Heat the oil and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat, stirring until the garlic just starts to sizzle and softens, about 1 minute. Add the soy milk mixture and 1/2 cup of the reserved pasta water, bring to a simmer and cook until thick and creamy, about 8 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the fettuccini and parsley and toss to combine. Thin out with a little more pasta water if needed.
Divide the pasta among four bowls and sprinkle each with some nutritional yeast and a few grinds of pepper.